- 1 ripe pear, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch pieces (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place pear pieces in 2 ramekins or small oven-proof bowls about 3x1-3/4 inches deep. Mix fat-free milk, sugar substitute, vanilla extract, and egg together and pour on top of pears.
- Sprinkle walnuts on top and bake 30 minutes or until custard is firm. Remove from oven, allow to cool a few minutes, and serve.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Protein:|| 6 g|
|Sodium: || 64 mg|
|Cholesterol:|| 108 mg|
|Fat: || 5 g|
|Dietary Fiber: || 2 g|
|Sugars: || 13 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 17 g|
|Exchanges: || 1 Carbohydrate, 1 Fat|
Source: Mix 'n Match Meals in Minutes for People with Diabetes