Bay Area Rice Salad
- 2 cups chilled cooked white rice
- 1 cup chilled cooked wild rice
- 6 ounces smoked mussels or smoked bay scallops
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced yellow or green bell pepper
- 1 cup diced peeled cucumber
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Combine the rices, mussels, peppers, and cucumber in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Toss with the rice mixture. Serve immediately or chill.
- Serve at room temperature.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Sodium: ||114 mg|
|Fat: ||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber: ||1 g|
|Sugars: || 2 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 22 g|
|Exchanges: || 1 Starch, 1 Vegetable, 1 Fat|
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes