Turkey and Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Grill
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup prepared sun-dried tomato pesto
- 8 slices (6 ounces) fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces thinly sliced turkey breast
- 8 thin slices ripe tomato
- Butter-flavored vegetable cooking spray
- Spread each bread slice with 1 tablespoon pesto.
- Top 4 slices of bread with a cheese slice, a turkey slice, and 2 tomato slices. Top with remaining cheese slices and bread.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot.
- Cook sandwiches over medium to medium-low heat until browned on the bottoms, about 5 minutes.
- Spray tops of sandwiches generously with cooking spray and turn.
- Cook until browned on other side, 3 to 5 minutes.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Sodium: ||777 mg|
|Fat: ||12.2 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 35.8 g|
|Exchanges: || 2 Bread, 3 Meat, 1 Fat|
Source: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes