Salsa Bean Dip
- 3/4 cup mild or medium thick and chunky salsa
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dark brown chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place the salsa in a sieve over a large bowl. Tap the sieve occasionally to help the salsa drain until the chunky part remains in the sieve, about 3 to 4 minutes. Discard the liquid.
- In the bowl, mash the beans slightly with a fork.
- Add the chunky portion of the salsa, lemon juice, chili powder, and cumin. Stir until combined. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve at once or cover and refrigerate for several hours. Serve with baked corn chips. Leftover dip will keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.