Salmon with Fresh Fruit Salsa
Glycemic Index: 50, Glycemic Load: 5, Dietary Fiber: Less than 1 g
- 1 pound salmon fillets, cut into 4 portions
- 1/2 teaspoon no-salt chili powder
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1 cup diced fresh cantaloupe
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x9-inch baking pan with olive oil cooking spray. Place salmon fillets in the pan in a single layer and sprinkle with chili powder.
- Spray fillets lightly with cooking spray and bake, uncovered, for 35 minutes or the thickest part of fillet is translucent.
- Meanwhile, mix pineapple, cantaloupe, red bell pepper, vinegar, cilantro, and red pepper flakes together in a small bowl. Set aside. Top each fillet with 1/2 cup salsa and serve.