- 8 (up to 8 ounces total) summer squash,
each about 4-inch long, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Half a small sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 4 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- Sprinkle squash with salt.
- In slow cooker, layer half the squash, tomatoes, onions, and pepper. Repeat layers.
- Dissolve bouillon in hot water. Pour into slow cooker. Top with bacon. Sprinkle bread crumbs over top. Cover. Cook on LOW 4-6 hours.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Protein:|| 2 g|
|Sodium: || 339 mg|
|Fat: || 2 g|
|Dietary Fiber: || 1 g|
|Sugars: || 2 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 6 g|
|Exchanges: || 1 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat|
Source: Fix-It and Forget-It Diabetic Cookbook