- 1 cup wild rice, or wild rice mixture, uncooked
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced green, or red, peppers
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups 98% fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Layer rice and vegetables in slow cooker.
- Pour oil, salt, and pepper over vegetables. Stir.
- Heat chicken broth. Pour over ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on HIGH 2-1/2 to 3 hours, or until rice is soft and liquid is absorbed.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Sodium: ||370 mg|
|Fat: ||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber: ||3 g|
|Sugars: || 3 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 27 g|
|Exchanges: || 2 Starch|
Source: Fix-It and Forget-It Diabetic Cookbook