Thai Shrimp Skewers
- 20 medium shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 20 (3-inch) wooden skewers
or long toothpicks, soaked in warm water for 1 hour
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels.
- Combine shrimp, garlic, ginger, red pepper, sugar, fish sauce, and lime juice in a glass or ceramic bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Skewer 2 shrimp onto each skewer. Serve chilled.
Note: You can marinate shrimp up to 6 hours in advance; skewer shrimp up to 3 hours in advance. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.