Zucchini and Carrots with Fresh Herbs
Glycemic Index: 22, Glycemic Load: 1
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 4 medium zucchinis, cut into julienne strips
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place a steamer basket in 1/2 inch of water in a saucepan (water should not touch the bottom of the basket). Place carrots in the basket. Cover tightly and heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and steam carrots 5 minutes. Add zucchini and steam 4 to 6 minutes or until carrots and zucchini are crisp-tender.
- Melt butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Stir in carrots, zucchini, thyme, dill, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Cook uncovered, stirring gently for 2 to 3 minutes, or until hot.