Chicken in a Pot
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 3 pounds chicken, whole or cut up, skin removed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried coarse black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or fresh basil to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley or fresh flat-leaf parsley to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 cup water, chicken broth, or white cooking wine
- Place vegetables in bottom of slow cooker. Place chicken on top of vegetables. Add seasonings and water.
- Cover. Cook on LOW 8-10 hours, or HIGH 3-1/2 hours (use 1 cup liquid if cooking on HIGH).
- This is a great foundation for soups - chicken vegetable, chicken noodle, chicken rice, chicken corn, and other favorites.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Sodium: ||381 mg |
|Cholesterol:||65 mg |
|Dietary Fiber: ||2g|
|Sugars: || 4g|
|Carbohydrates: || 8g|
|Exchanges: || 1 Vegetable, 3 Lean Meat|
Source: Fix-It and Forget-It Diabetic Cookbook