Serving size is 3 ounce fillet plus sauce.
- 4 (3-ounce) fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped green peppers
- 1 cup chopped canned tomatoes, undrained
- Pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place fish fillets in baking pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix together lemon juice, onion, and 2 tablespoons melted margarine. Pour mixture over fish. Bake uncovered or until fish flakes easily with fork, about 15 minutes.
- While fish is baking, prepare creole sauce; saute green pepper in remaining margarine. Add tomatoes and pepper. Stir in flour. Simmer until mixture is heated.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Protein:|| 25 g|
|Sodium: || 338 mg|
|Cholesterol:|| 37 mg|
|Fat: || 9 g|
|Dietary Fiber: || 1 g|
|Sugars: || 4 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 7 g|
|Exchanges: || 3 Lean Meat, 1 Vegetable|
Source: Magic Menus for People with Diabetes