- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- Sugar substitute equal to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons melted margarine or butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fat-free egg substitute
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the almonds and sugar in a food processor and process until the almonds are finely ground. Add the graham cracker crumbs and sugar substitute and process to mix well.
- Add the margarine or butter and the egg substitute and process, pulsing for a few seconds at a time, until the mixture is moistened.
- Coat a 9-inch pie pan with nonstick cooking spray and press the mixture firmly over the bottom and sides of the pan. (Place your hand inside a small plastic bag as you press to prevent sticking.)
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool to room temperature before filling.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Sodium: ||89 mg|
|Fat: ||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber: ||1 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 13 g|
|Exchanges: || 1 Carbohydrate, 1 Fat|
Source: Diabetic Dream Desserts