Bacon and Mushroom Bite-Size Quiche
Tender, cheesy and savory custards in flaky pastry shells make elegant finger food-and can be made ahead and reheated. Delicious for brunch or evening appetizers.
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 2/3 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
- Pastry for double-crust pie, (homemade or purchased)
- 5 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups sour cream
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured board, roll out the pastry dough 1/ 16-inch thick.
- Using a 3-inch cutter, cut out 42 circles; re-roll scraps as needed.
- Fit circles into bottoms and slightly up sides of lightly greased 2-1/2-inch muffin pans.
- Meanwhile, fry bacon slices until crisp, drain; crumble or chop.
- Chop mushrooms, saute in butter until limp and liquid evaporates.
- Combine bacon, mushrooms, green onion and cheese. Divide filling equally among muffin cups.
- In large bowl, beat together eggs, add sour cream and stir until smooth. Spoon about 1 tablespoon into each muffin cup.
- Bake until puffed and light brown, 20-25 minutes. Cool in pans 5 minutes; lift out.
- Serve warm or let cool on wire racks. If made ahead, wrap cooled quiches airtight, and refrigerate overnight.
- Reheat, uncovered, in a 350 degrees F. oven for about 10 minutes.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Protein:|| 3 g|
|Sodium: || 87 mg|
|Cholesterol:|| 35 mg|
|Fat: || 7 g|
|Dietary Fiber:|| 0 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 4 g|