- 1/2 cup raw quinoa, rinsed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- Fresh ground pepper and salt to taste
- Prepare the quinoa. Rinse the quinoa in a fine sieve for 20 seconds.
- In a 1-quart saucepan bring 1-1/2 cups water to a boil.
- Add the quinoa and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the vegetables. Combine the chopped yellow pepper, red pepper, carrot, celery, and parsley in a medium bowl.
- In a blender, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, green onions, salt, and pepper. Blend for 15 seconds.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, add it to the vegetables. Pour the dressing over the quinoa and vegetables and toss well.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve over lettuce if desired.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Sodium: ||12 mg|
|Fat: ||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber: ||3 g|
|Sugars: || 2 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 16 g|
|Exchanges: || 1 Starch, 1 Fat|
Source: The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible