Cool Melon and Shrimp Salad
Serving size is 4 oz. shrimp and 1/4 cup fruit.
- 1/2 cup honeydew chunks
- 1/2 cup cantaloupe chunks
- 1 cup sliced cucumber (in bite-sized pieces)
- 1 pound frozen, precooked large shrimp, thawed
- 1/2 cup limeade concentrate
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Combine the melons, cucumbers, green onions, and shrimp.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Add to the fruit-shrimp mixture.
- Serve at room temperature or chill for several hours.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Sodium: ||264 mg|
|Fat: ||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber: ||1 g|
|Sugars: || 20 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 23 g|
|Exchanges: || 1-1/2 Carbohydrate, 4 Very Lean Meat|
Source: Express Lane Diabetic Cooking