Double Chocolate Brownies
Applesauce replaces part of the fat, Equal all of the sugar, plus you get double the chocolate flavor with both cocoa and chocolate chips - so who can resist these delicious brownies?
- 6 tablespoons stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Equal Spoonful*
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Optional: Chopped Walnuts
- * May substitute 24 packets Equal sweetener
- Beat butter, applesauce, eggs, and vanilla until blended. Stir in combined flour, Equal, chocolate chips, cocoa, baking powder, nuts (optional) and salt until blended.
- Spread batter in sprayed 8-inch square baking pan. Bake in a preheated 350F oven 18 to 20 minutes or until top springs back when gently touched. Cool completely on wire rack. Cut into squares.
- Store in airtight containers at room temperature.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Sodium: ||77 mg |
|Cholesterol:||38 mg |
|Carbohydrates: || 10g|
|Exchanges: || 1 starch, 1 fat|