- 1 cup shredded Mexican Cheddar, Monterey Jack,
Pepper Jack, or brick cheese
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1-3 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies (to taste)
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
- Chunky salsa, for topping or dip
- In a medium bowl, toss together the cheese, green onion, and chilies; set aside.
- Spray a medium skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- When hot, add 1 tortilla and sprinkle it with one-fourth of the cheese mixture.
- When the cheese begins to melt, about 1 minute, fold the tortilla in half.
- Continue cooking until lightly browned and crisp
on both sides, about 1 minute.
- Transfer to a cutting board.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Cut into 4 wedges with a knife or pizza cutter and serve immediately with the salsa.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Sodium: ||211 mg|
|Fat: ||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber: ||1 g|
|Sugars: || 1 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 14 g|
|Exchanges: || 1 Starch, 1 Fat|
Source: Forbidden Foods Diabetic Cooking