Orange and Jicama Salad
- Butter lettuce leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 large orange, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 cup Jicama, julienned
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Line plates with lettuce.
- Top with orange slices.
- Mound with jicama.
- Sprinkle with chopped red onion.
- Blend juice, vinegar, salt & pepper in small bowl.
- Whisk in oil in thin stream.
- Spoon over salads.
- Garnish with minced cilantro
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Sodium: ||36 mg|
|Fat: ||2.8 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 10 g|
|Exchanges: || 1 fruit; 1 vegetable; 1 fat; 1 starch|
Source: The Diabetic Newsletter