Vegetable and Bean Soup
Easy substitution: To make this soup completely vegetarian, substitute vegetable broth for the chicken broth, and additional olive oil for the butter.
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (14.5) cans chicken broth
- 1 cube vegetable bouillon
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 summer squashes (zucchini or yellow squash, about 1 pound total), quartered lengthwise and chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (about 4 shakes) (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker crock and mix well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Stir well before serving.
- If desired, stir in Tabasco sauce before serving.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|