- 4 whole-wheat flour tortillas (8 to 9-inch rounds)
- 1 cup ready-made hummus
- 1 small carrot, shredded with a potato peeler
- 2 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 12 thin slices peeled cucumber
- 16 young tender spinach leaves or 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- Warm the tortillas according to package directions. Lay the tortillas on a flat surface and spread the lower half only of each tortilla with 1/4 cup of the hummus.
- Top the hummus on each tortilla with a quarter of the carrots, onion rings, cucumber slices, and spinach or sprouts, leaving a 1-1/2 inch margin on the right and left sides.
- Fold the right and left margins in, then roll each tortilla up from the bottom to enclose the filling. Cut each warp in half and serve immediately.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Sodium: ||625 mg|
|Fat: ||8.6 g|
|Saturated Fat: || 0.5 g|
|Dietary Fiber: ||6.7 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 38 g|
|Exchanges: || 2-1/2 Starch, 1 Very Lean Meat, 1/2 Vegetable, 1 Fat|
Source: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan