Southwestern Corn and Zucchini Saute
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (from 2 ears) or frozen
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring, until golden and tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini, corn and chilies.
- Cover and cook, stirring once, until the zucchini is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Protein:|| 2 g|
|Sodium: || 138 mg|
|Cholesterol:|| 0 mg|
|Fat: || 3 g|
|Dietary Fiber: || 2 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 12 g|
|Exchanges: || 2 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat|
Source: The Eating Well Diabetes Cookbook