Lemon-Glazed Baby Carrots
- 1 pound peeled baby carrots
- 1/4 cup chicken stock, or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley or chives
- In a medium saucepan, cook carrots in boiling salted water for 5 to 7 minutes (start timing when water returns to a boil) or until just tender-crisp; drain and return to saucepan.
- Add stock, butter, brown sugar, lemon juice and rind, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, 3 to 5 minutes or until liquid has evaporated and carrots are nicely glazed.
- Sprinkle with parsley or chives and serve.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Protein:|| 2 g|
|Sodium: || 251 mg|
|Cholesterol:|| 8 mg|
|Fat: || 3 g|
|Dietary Fiber: || 3 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 15 g|
|Exchanges: || 2 Vegetables, 1/2 Fat|
Source: America's Everyday Diabetes Cookbook