Ham Stuffed Zucchini
- 8 small zucchini
- 4 cups low-fat ham, chopped fine
- 2 eggs or egg substitute, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup low-fat Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- With a sharp knife, cut off the ends of the zucchini and hollow out the inside, removing the pulp.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ham, eggs, basil, green pepper and cheese.
- Pack 1/2 cup of this mixture into each zucchini, using fingers or a teaspoon.
- Place the zucchini in a baking dish coated with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Brush the stuffed zucchini with oil.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree F oven for 45 minutes. The zucchini will be fork-tender.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Sodium: ||29 mg|
|Fat: ||6.6 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 8.5 g|
|Exchanges: || 3/4 Bread/Starch, 1 Medium-Fat Meat|
Source: The Diabetic Newsletter