Luck of the Irish Corned Beef Brisket
- 4 lb. Certified Angus Beef fresh corned beef brisket with seasoning packet
- 1 (1-in.) cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 carrots, peeled and halved
- 12 coriander seeds
- 1 large head cabbage, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 onion, halved and stuck with 2 cloves each
- 12 whole peppercorns
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley
- 3 quarts water
- Place corned beef and seasoning packet in large heavy pot; add water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 hr.
- Add onions and carrots. Bring back to a boil and skim off fat.
- Add remaining ingredients, reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Simmer approximately 2 to 4 hrs. until beef is tender. When brisket pierces easily, it is ready.
- Drain the water, place brisket on a platter and let stand about 10 mins.
- Slice diagonally across the grain and serve with cabbage, carrots and onion.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Protein:|| 49 g|
|Sodium: || 1741 mg|
|Cholesterol:|| 103 mg|
|Fat: || 11 g|
|Saturated Fat: || 4 g|
|Dietary Fiber: || 5 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 15 g|
Source: Certified Angus Beef