- 1/4 cup flour
- Dash white pepper
- Dash oregano
- Dash basil
- 1-1/4 pound boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup marsala wine or dry sherry
- Mix the flour, white pepper, oregano, and basil together on a plate.
- Wash and dry the chicken breasts and coat each with the flour mixture. Reserve any leftover flour.
- Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan. Add the chicken breasts and saute gently until brown and tender on both sides, about 15 minutes. Remove the breasts to a dish.
- Add the mushrooms and 1/4 cup of the wine; cook for about 5 minutes over low heat. Scrape the bottom of pan to loosen any flour. Stir in any reserved flour and the remaining wine.
- Simmer until the mixture thickens, stirring constantly. Slip the cooked breasts into the sauce. Cook gently for about 5 minutes or more.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Protein:|| 21 g|
|Sodium: || 106 mg|
|Fat: || 9.1 g|
|Carbohydrates: || 9.1 g|
|Exchanges: || 3/4 Bread/Starch, 3 Low-Fat Meat|