- 6 tablespoons stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Equal Spoonful*
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Optional: Chopped Walnuts
- * May substitute 24 packets Equal sweetener
- Beat butter, applesauce, eggs, and vanilla until blended. Stir in combined flour, Equal, chocolate chips, cocoa, baking powder, nuts (optional) and salt until blended.
- Spread batter in sprayed 8-inch square baking pan. Bake in a preheated 350F oven 18 to 20 minutes or until top springs back when gently touched. Cool completely on wire rack. Cut into squares.
- Store in airtight containers at room temperature.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Sodium: 77 miligrams
Cholesterol: 38 miligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 10 grams
Diabetic Exchanges1 starch, 1 fat