- 8 oz ground turkey 250 g
- 1/3 cup quick cooking oats 75 mL
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onion (green and white parts) 75 mL
- 1 medium jalapeno chili pepper, finely chopped (with seeds)
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper 1 mL
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp Bourbon or Canadian whiskey 30 mL
- 2 tsp
- In medium bowl, combine turkey, oats, green onion, chili pepper, egg whites, pepper and 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of canola oil and shape into 24 small meatballs (about 1 Tbsp/15 mL each).
- Heat 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook meatballs 6 minutes or until no longer pink in center, turning frequently.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together hoisin sauce, bourbon and sugar substitute.
- Pour hoisin mixture over meatballs in skillet and cook 15 seconds, stirring gently until well coated. Serve with wooden picks.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Saturated Fat: 1 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 230 miligrams
Cholesterol: 20 miligrams
Protein: 9 grams
Carbohydrates: 11 grams