- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder roast, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, OR 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, OR 1/8 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups new potatoes, unpeeled and cubed
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, cut
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2/3 cup half & half
- Heat oil in Dutch oven.
- Brown pork cubes over medium-high heat.
- Stir in chicken broth, water, onions and seasonings. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes and beans; simmer 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Combine flour and half and half; mix until smooth.
- Gradually stir into stew.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 21 grams
Saturated Fat: 8 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 768 miligrams
Cholesterol: 100 miligrams
Protein: 29 grams
Carbohydrates: 19 grams