- Pastry for 2 crust 9" pie
- 6-7 large apples, peeled, cored, sliced
- 1/2 cup fruit sweetener (1/4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate plus 1/4 cup granulated fructose)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp margarine
- Line pie bottom with pastry.
- In large bowl, combine ingredients except margarine. Mix well and spoon into pastry lined pan. Dot with margarine.
- Cover with top crust, seal, and flute edges. Cut a few small slits in crust. Bake 40 minutes at 350° F., or until crust is golden brown.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 14 grams
Sodium: 140 miligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 42 grams
Diabetic Exchanges2 Bread, 1 Fruit, 2 Fat
Source: Sweet Inspirations - A Sugar Free Dessert Cookbook