- 1-1/2 cups shredded roasted chicken breast
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup 1-inch pieces roasted or broiled asparagus spears
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red bell pepper
- 3 to 4 tablespoons light olive oil vinaigrette or Italian salad dressing
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Combine the chicken, artichoke hearts, asparagus, and bell pepper in a medium bowl and toss to mix well. Add the salad dressing and pepper and toss again.
- Let the salad sit for 15 minutes before serving or cover and chill until ready to serve. If desired, serve on a bed of fresh salad greens garnished with a sprinkling of blue cheese crumbles and chopped walnuts, or serve in lettuce-lined pita pockets.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5.1 grams
Sodium: 301 miligrams
Cholesterol: 45 miligrams
Protein: 18 grams
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
Diabetic Exchanges2 Very Lean Meat, 1 Vegetable, 1 Fat
Source: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan