- 2 cups chilled cooked white rice
- 1 cup chilled cooked wild rice
- 6 ounces smoked mussels or smoked bay scallops
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced yellow or green bell pepper
- 1 cup diced peeled cucumber
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Combine the rices, mussels, peppers, and cucumber in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Toss with the rice mixture. Serve immediately or chill.
- Serve at room temperature.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 114 miligrams
Cholesterol: 27 miligrams
Protein: 7 grams
Carbohydrates: 22 grams
Sugars: 2 grams
Diabetic Exchanges1 Starch, 1 Vegetable, 1 Fat
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes