- 4 cups cooked pork loin, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Mexican seasoning, (blend of cumin, cayenne and garlic powder)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 tostadas
- 2 cups refried black beans, OR refried red beans
- 1/2 cup red onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 cups lettuce, shredded
- 2 tablespoons queso fresco cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 limes, cut into wedges
- hot sauce, if desired
- Stir together cooked pork and Mexican seasoning. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork to skillet and saute for about 2 minutes to brown.
- Lay tostadas onto plates and spread each with 1/4 cup of beans. Top each with 1/2 cup of shredded pork. Toss together vegetables and mound a generous 1/2 cup on each tostada. Sprinkle all with cheese and cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges and hot sauce, if desired.
* Cook 2-inch pork loin chunks in boiling water for 1-1/2 hours or until tender and easy to shred when cooled.
Plan for leftover pork roast to make this tasty dish. Makes a great dish for family nights or when watching the big game.
Recipe Yield: Yield: Serves 8
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 5 grams
Sodium: 310 milligrams
Cholesterol: 50 milligrams
Protein: 22 grams
Carbohydrates: 24 grams
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.