- 4 cups cooked pork loin, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Mexican seasoning, (blend of cumin, cayenne and garlic powder)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 tostadas
- 2 cups refried black beans, OR refried red beans
- 1/2 cup red onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 cups lettuce, shredded
- 2 tablespoons queso fresco cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 limes, cut into wedges
- hot sauce, if desired
- Stir together cooked pork and Mexican seasoning. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork to skillet and saute for about 2 minutes to brown.
- Lay tostadas onto plates and spread each with 1/4 cup of beans. Top each with 1/2 cup of shredded pork. Toss together vegetables and mound a generous 1/2 cup on each tostada. Sprinkle all with cheese and cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges and hot sauce, if desired.
* Cook 2-inch pork loin chunks in boiling water for 1-1/2 hours or until tender and easy to shred when cooled.
Plan for leftover pork roast to make this tasty dish. Makes a great dish for family nights or when watching the big game.
Recipe Yield: Yield: Serves 8
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 5 grams
Sodium: 310 milligrams
Cholesterol: 50 milligrams
Protein: 22 grams
Carbohydrates: 24 grams