- 1 teaspoon reduced-calorie margarine
- 1 teaspoon chicken-flavored bouillon, granules
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 2 teaspoons curry powder, divided
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup diced, unpeeled apple
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped, cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Melt margarine in a large skillet over medium heat; add almonds.
- Cook 10 minutes or until almonds are golden brown; stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle almonds with 1 teaspoon curry powder, toss lightly to coat, and cook for another minute or two.
- Remove almonds to a plate lined with paper towels; let drain.
- Add apple, onion, and mushrooms to skillet and saute 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining 1 teaspoon curry powder and flour.
- Cook over low heat 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Dissolve bouillon granules in boiling water and add to skillet with milk and lemon juice.
- Cook over low heat 5 minutes or until smooth and thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken and continue to cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thoroughly heated.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Sodium: 38 miligrams
Protein: 8 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
Diabetic Exchanges1 Medium-Fat Meat
Source: The Diabetic Newsletter