- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 1/3 cup matzo meal
- 2 Tbsp potato starch
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 egg whites or 1/4 cup Passover egg substitute
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen broccoli, steamed and finely chopped
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375Â°F. Generously coat a baking sheet with the cooking spray; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes, matzo meal, potato starch, onion, egg whites, pepper, and salt; knead together. Divide the dough into 6 balls and flatten each. Divide the broccoli evenly onto each circle, fold over, and press edges to seal.
- Arrange the knishes in a single layer and place the baking sheet on the bottom rack of the oven. Bake for 15 minutes on each side. Serve hot. Makes 6 Servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Sodium: 124 miligrams
Carbohydrates: 15 grams
Diabetic Exchanges1 Starch
Source: Passover Lite Kosher Cookbook