- 1 butternut squash (small)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion (small, chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cans black beans (16 ounces each, rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Heat the squash in the microwave on high heat for 1-2 minutes. This will soften the skin.
- Carefully peel the squash with a vegetable peeler or small knife.
- Cut the squash into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- In a large pan, heat the oil. Add the onion, garlic powder, and squash.
- Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add vinegar and water. Cook on low heat until the squash is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the beans and oregano. Cook until the beans are heated through.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1 grams
Fiber: 7 grams
Sodium: 270 miligrams
Protein: 6 grams
Carbohydrates: 24 grams