- 1/2 cup room temperature coffee
- 1 envelope (1/4 ounce) unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur
- 1 cup nonfat or light ricotta cheese
- Sugar substitute equal to 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups nonfat or light whipped topping
- 1 Chocolate-Almond Piecrust (click for recipe)
- 1-1/2 tablespoons shaved dark chocolate
- Place 2 tablespoons of the coffee in a blender. Sprinkle the gelatin over the coffee and let sit for 2 minutes.
- Bring the remaining coffee to a boil and pour over the mixture in the blender. Blend for 1 minute, until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Add the liqueur to the blender mixture and blend to mix. Add the ricotta, sugar substitute, and cinnamon and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into a large bowl and refrigerate for about 30 minutes, or until the consistency of pudding. Whisk until smooth and then fold in the whipped topping.
- Spread the ricotta mixture into the piecrust, swirling the top.
- Sprinkle the chocolate over the top.
- Cover and chill for at least 3 hours, or until set.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Fiber: 1.1 grams
Sodium: 128 milligrams
Cholesterol: 1 milligrams
Protein: 7.2 grams
Carbohydrates: 27 grams
2 Carbohydrate: 1-1/2 Fat
Source: Diabetic Dream Desserts
Book Title: Diabetic Dream Desserts
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.