- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups shredded pepper-Jack cheese (6 ounces)
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon hot-pepper sauce
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add green onions and saute about 3 minutes or until tender. Add 3 cups broth; bring to boiling. Add cauliflowerets; return to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook about 6 minutes or until cauliflower is almost tender.
- Whisk together flour and remaining 1 cup chicken broth in a small bowl. Stir into saucepan. Bring to boiling; cook, stirring occasionally, 2-3 minutes or until soup is thickened.
- Remove soup from heat. Add cheese, stirring until melted. Stir in roasted red peppers, salt if using and hot-pepper sauce, breaking up red peppers with a wooden spoon.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 15 grams
Protein: 15 grams
Carbohydrates: 14 grams
Diabetic Exchanges1 Starch, 2 Medium-Fat Meat, 1 Fat
Source: Family Circle's "All-time Favorite Recipes"