- 2 pint baskets California strawberries
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Finely chopped toasted almonds or pistachios (optional)
- Line large baking sheet with waxed paper. Rinse strawberries and pat dry with paper towels.
- In separate small, microwave-safe bowls (such as custard cups) melt chocolates, one at a time, in microwave at 50-percent (medium) power, allowing 1-1/2 to 2 minutes each. Stir until smooth. (If not completely melted, microwave a few seconds longer.) Or, melt chocolate as package directs.
- Holding strawberry by stem end, dip into chocolate to cover about three-fourths of berry; dip into nuts, if desired, and lay on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining strawberries, chocolate and nuts.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is set.
For Double- and Triple- Dipped Strawberries:
After first coating of chocolate is set, dip into contrasting chocolate, leaving part of the first chocolate exposed. Repeat with third chocolate, if you wish, allowing each layer to set between dips.
To Drizzle Strawberries with Chocolate:
Microwave chocolate in small plastic bag until melted; squeeze into one corner of bag. Lay strawberries close together on baking sheet. With scissors, cut a small hole in corner of bag, and move back and forth over strawberries, squeezing bag gently. Or, drizzle contrasting chocolate over strawberries that have been dipped. Refrigerate until set.
NOTES: Microwave melting times vary with amount of chocolate and wattage of your oven. Chocolate amounts are approximate; amount needed depends on size of strawberries, and whether or not they are single, double, triple-dipped or drizzled.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 servingsServing Size: 3 strawberries
Content Continues Below ⤵
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 13 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 59 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 22 grams
Source: California Strawberry Commission