- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each), cut into halves
- 5 slices reduced-sodium bacon, diced
- 3 green onions and tops, sliced
- 5 pearl onions, peeled, halved
- 8 ounces whole small mushrooms
- 8 small new potatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Burgundy or other dry red wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Place chicken and bacon in 2-1/2 quart casserole; sprinkle with green onions. Add pearl onions, mushrooms, and potatoes.
- Sprinkle with combined garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper. Pour water and wine over.
- Bake, covered, at 325 degrees until chicken and potatoes aretender, about 1-1/2 hours.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Sodium: 357 miligrams
Cholesterol: 73 miligrams
Protein: 31 grams
Carbohydrates: 39 grams
Diabetic Exchanges2 Bread/Starch, 3 Meat, 1 Vegetable
Source: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes