- 1 (8-rib) Pork Loin Rack of Pork, center cut, chine bone removed and Frenched
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed, whole
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- If desired, using a mortar and pestle, slightly crush coriander seed. Combine coriander seed, cumin, salt, sugar and chipotle chile powder in small bowl or dish; set aside.
- Cut 4 long pieces of plastic wrap. Place 1 piece horizontally on work surface and the remaining 3 pieces vertically on the first piece. Place pork rack on center of plastic wrap.
- Sprinkle and rub spice mixture evenly over surface of pork rack. Wrap tightly in the plastic wrap.
- Place on a tray or shallow pan and refrigerate for 8 to 12 hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Unwrap pork and place on rack in shallow roasting pan with bones facing up. Roast in preheated oven for 1 to 1-1/2 hours (about 20 minutes per pound) or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145F.
- Remove roast from oven. Loosely cover with foil and let rest about 10 minutes.
- Carve between rib bones to serve.
- Spoon pumpkin purée on plates and top with carved pork chops and cilantro salad; sprinkle with pepitas.
Recipe Yield: Serves 8.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 37 grams
Saturated Fat: 12.5 grams
Fiber: 6 grams
Sodium: 620 milligrams
Cholesterol: 120 milligrams
Protein: 41 grams
Carbohydrates: 18 grams
Source: Recipe courtesy of Chef Michael Symon, on behalf of The National Pork Board