- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp orange peel, grated
- 1/2 cup frozen egg substitute, thawed or 4 large egg whites
- 1-1/4 cups skim milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Wax paper
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Mix flours, sugar, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl with a fork. Stir in cranberries, walnuts and orange peel. Set aside.
- Beat egg substitute, milk and oil in a small bowl with fork. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture just until flour is moistened. Spoon batter into 2 wax paper-lined loaf pans (9x5x3-inches) or 4 small, wax paper-lined loaf pans. Bake 60 to 65 minutes for large loaves and 45-50 minutes for small loaves, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool bread in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove bread from pans and cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3.8 grams
Sodium: 66 miligrams
Carbohydrates: 15 grams
Diabetic Exchanges1 Bread/Starch; 1-1/2 Fat
Source: Cinnamon Hearts Newsletter