- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup baby carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup celery, small sliced diagonally
- 1/2 cup snap peas
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup blanched and roughly chopped Chinese bok choy
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the oil. Add the chicken strips, carrots, and garlic powder. Saute until the chicken is lightly browned (about 7 minutes). Add the onion powder, white pepper, sesame seeds, broccoli, and celery. Cook and continue stirring until the vegetables are soft.
- Lower the heat and add the snap peas, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, and chicken broth. Continue stirring. Simmer until the liquid has reduced slightly.
- Divide the bok choy between two plates. Spoon the chicken mixture over the bok choy. Sprinkle the almonds on top.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 15 grams
Sodium: 403 miligrams
Cholesterol: 95 miligrams
Protein: 40 grams
Carbohydrates: 12 grams
Diabetic Exchanges2 Vegetable, 6 Very Lean Meat, 2 Fat
Source: Diabetes Cookbook for Dummies