- 6 flounder, sole, or other lean white fish fillets (1-1/2 lbs)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup julienne, or shredded, carrots
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots or onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or water
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley leaves
- 6 lemon wedges
- Cut six 12-inch squares of parchment paper. Fold in half, and cut each into a large heart shape. Open hearts and place 1 fish fillet on each; sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Saute carrots, mushrooms, shallots, garlic, and tarragon in margarine in large skillet until carrots are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in wine and parsley; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon vegetable mixture over fish. Fold heart packets in half, bringing edges together. Crimp edges tightly to seal. Place packets on jelly roll pan, and bake at 425 degrees F. until packets puff, 10 - 12 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2.8 grams
Sodium: 115 miligrams
Cholesterol: 59.8 miligrams
Protein: 22.3 grams
Carbohydrates: 6 grams
Diabetic Exchanges1 Vegetable, 2-1/2 Meat
Source: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes