- 1 (16-ounce) package Jennie-O Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 teaspoon finely grated super fresh lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 6 drops toasted sesame oil, divided
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 large carrot, finely grated
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 8 whole leaves iceberg lettuce
- whole cilantro leaves, if desired
- toasted sesame seeds, if desired
- Heat grill on medium-high heat. In large bowl, combine turkey, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, cilantro, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 3 drops toasted sesame oil; mix well. Form turkey mixture into tight balls approximately 21/2 ounces each; there should be 8 balls. Flatten them into patties about 1/2-inch thick. Brush grill lightly with oil. Place turkey patties on grates. Grill 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until well-done, 165F as measured by a meat thermometer.
- In medium bowl combine cabbage and carrot. Add orange juice, remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 3 drops toasted sesame oil; mix well.
- Place turkey patty into each lettuce leaf and mound cabbage and carrot mixture on top. Garnish with cilantro and toasted sesame seeds, if desired.
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165F.
Recipe Yield: Makes 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 360 miligrams
Cholesterol: 55 miligrams
Protein: 28 grams
Carbohydrates: 8 grams
Sugars: 4 grams
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.