- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds small to medium mushrooms, cleaned, stems trimmed flat
- In a large saute pan, saute the garlic in the oil for 2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients except the mushrooms; bring to a simmer.
- Add the mushrooms; cover and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Put the mixture in a glass bowl or jar. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 4 days. Drain off and discard the marinade before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 3 miligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 3 grams
Sugars: 1 grams
Diabetic Exchanges1 Vegetable
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes