- 1 Tbsp olive or canola oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced (about 2-3 cloves)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp oregano, minced (or 1 tsp dried)
- 12 oz tuna steak, cut into 4 portions (3 oz each)
- 1/2 can (15-1/2 oz) low-sodium chickpeas (or garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1/2 bag (10 oz) leaf spinach, rinsed and dried
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 medium tomato, rinsed and cut into wedges
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat grill pan or oven broiler (with the rack 3 inches from heat source) on high temperature.
- Combine oil, garlic, lemon juice, and oregano, and brush over tuna steaks. Marinate for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all salad ingredients. (Salad can be made up to 2 hours in advance and refrigerated.)
- Grill or broil tuna on high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side until the flesh is opaque and separates easily with a fork (to a minimum internal temperature of 145F).
- Serve one tuna steak over 1 cup of mixed salad.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 10 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 5 grams
Sodium: 418 miligrams
Cholesterol: 42 miligrams
Protein: 31 grams
Carbohydrates: 15 grams
Source: Deliciously Healthy Dinners