- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 3 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons sugar free hazelnut syrup
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk
- 2 tablespoons Mini Chocolate Chips, melted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a cookie sheet or jellyroll pan with baking spray and set aside.
- Spread hazelnuts in a shallow pan and toast in preheated 350 degrees F oven for 7-10 minutes. Remove hazelnuts from the oven and cool.
- Mix the oil, Splenda Granulated Sweetener and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add hazelnut syrup and mix well. Set aside.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and nonfat dry milk in a medium mixing bowl.
- Pour the flour mixture into the oil and egg mixture and stir until blended. Add hazelnuts and mix until just blended. Refrigerate dough 1 hour or until stiff.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a log approximately 3 1/2 inches wide by 12 inches long. Place the logs on the prepared sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes. Cut the loaves with a sharp knife into 48 slices, approximately 1/2 inch wide. Cool completely.
- If desired, lay slices on their sides and drizzle with melted chocolate chips.
- Store in airtight containers. Cookies will stay fresh up to 5 days.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3.5 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 30 miligrams
Cholesterol: 10 miligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 6 grams
Sugars: 2 grams