- 1/2 cup canned low-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup canned low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups fat-free evaporated milk or half-and-half cream
- 1 cup shredded corned beef
- 3/4 up canned sauerkraut
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring beef and chicken broths, celery, onion and green pepper to a boil in a heavy saucepan; reduce heat. Simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the milk. Stir into soup and simmer until soup thickens.
- Add corned beef and sauerkraut; heat through.
- Stir in cheese just until melted. Do not allow to boil; season with pepper.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4.5 grams
Saturated Fat: 4.5 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 500 miligrams
Cholesterol: 40 miligrams
Protein: 17 grams
Carbohydrates: 11 grams