- 1 whole pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary, or 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano, or 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage, or 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme, or 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Prepare a shallow roasting pan and rack with non-stick pan spray.
- Brush the tenderloin with the mustard. Combine the herbs; pat them evenly onto the tenderloin and sprinkle with pepper.
- Place the pork on the rack in the roasting pan, set it in the oven, and immediately reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Roast until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the tenderloin registers 145 degrees F., about 25 minutes (depending on the size of the tenderloin). Remove the pork from the oven and let rest 5 minutes. Carve in 1/2-inch slices and serve with the pan juices.
Recipe Yield: Yield: Makes 1 Tenderloin (4 Servings)``Serving size: About 3-1/2 ounces sliced tenderloin
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 96 milligrams
Cholesterol: 66 milligrams
Protein: 24 grams
Carbohydrates: 0 grams
4 Very Lean Meat
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.