- 8 oz ground turkey 250 g
- 1/3 cup quick cooking oats 75 mL
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onion (green and white parts) 75 mL
- 1 medium jalapeno chili pepper, finely chopped (with seeds)
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper 1 mL
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp Bourbon or Canadian whiskey 30 mL
- 2 tsp
- In medium bowl, combine turkey, oats, green onion, chili pepper, egg whites, pepper and 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of canola oil and shape into 24 small meatballs (about 1 Tbsp/15 mL each).
- Heat 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook meatballs 6 minutes or until no longer pink in center, turning frequently.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together hoisin sauce, bourbon and sugar substitute.
- Pour hoisin mixture over meatballs in skillet and cook 15 seconds, stirring gently until well coated. Serve with wooden picks.
Hoisin sauce, also called Chinese barbecue sauce, adds a lot of flavour and helps to thicken this Asian-inspired glaze.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings.Serving size: 4 meatballs.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Saturated Fat: 1 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 230 miligrams
Cholesterol: 20 miligrams
Protein: 9 grams
Carbohydrates: 11 grams
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.